Saturday, June 9, 2012
The Wrong Race
Rebecca Conway gave me a book for Zion's birthday, It's "Every child needs a praying mom". It's been good and convicting.
I really liked One poem from the book....
The Wrong Race
Lord, it's been such a busy day,
and I never even stopped to pray.
Now the day is almost through,
and I'm just too tired to talk to you.
This pace of life is so very busy,
the thought of tomorrow makes me dizzy.
I'm already worried about the weather,
and all the plans I must pull together.
Lord, will this craziness ever stop,
or must I always strive to stay on top?
I look forward to the day when I see Jesus face to face,
when He opens His arms to give me an embrace
But as He looks deep into my weary eyes,
His words may come as quite a surprise.
"You have lived your life at a ridiculous pace,
and I'm sorry to say you chose the wrong race.
You hurried and hustled each and every day,
but all I wanted was to hear you pray.
I would have taken you under my wing,
and given you strenth to do the important things."
The moral of the story is easy to see,
Jesus doesn't want what's left, He first wants me.
-Diane Elliot
Picture: God's grace and beauty from flower that we picked as we took a walk..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Thank you for this ever, seemingly always needed reminder that being busy is not a good thing. I love your flowers, and would love to see you and Zion (and Justin?) soon, now that school is done for the summer.
ReplyDeleteSarah.. I am glad that it gave you a good reminder. Hope to see you soon too. I am always thinking of you and praying for you..
ReplyDelete